What is your Home Worth?
It’s no wonder Outsider magazine named Colorado Springs as the #1 Best City to Live In for 2009. With a beautiful backdrop of Pikes Peak and 300 days of sunshine a year, the city is known for its glorious surroundings and mild weather. Tourists have been flocking to Pikes Peak and Colorado Springs for over a hundred years to view the mountain that inspired Katharine Lee Bates to write “America the Beautiful” while riding to the peak by carriage. The Pikes Peak region also offers a number of other outdoor attractions such as Seven Falls, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Cave of the Winds, and more! Today, tourism is still a mainstay in the economy; however, ever popular technology companies, and the military provide a majority of the jobs. The military has a strong and supportive presence in the city with Fort Carson, Peterson Air Force Base, Schriever Air Force Base, NORAD/Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, and the Air Force Academy all calling Colorado Springs home.
Not only does Colorado Springs have fabulous outdoor activities, but the city also has an up and coming art scene. Colorado College completed a $33 million performing arts center about a year ago and national music and dance groups have already been featured at the center. Downtown Colorado Springs, nearby Manitou Springs, and Old Colorado City have a number of art galleries and studios that have been attracting more artists to the region.
However, one of the best perks to living in Colorado Springs is the cost of living to income ratio. A majority of the areas in Colorado Springs have a lower cost of living ratio compared to the rest of the country, and the income most residents earn is higher than the national average. This along with a terrific outdoor setting, gorgeous weather, and an up and coming arts scene make Colorado Springs not only one of the best places to live in Colorado, but the country as a whole!
For a list of Colorado Springs and El Paso County areas, click here.
- Colorado Springs, School District #11
- Harrison, School District #2
- Widefiled, School District #3
- Fountain/Fort Carson, School District #8
- Cheyenne Mountain, School District #12
- Academy, School District #20
- Lewis-Palmer, School District #38
- Falcon, School District #49
- Colorado Springs Christian School
- St. Mary’s High School
- School for the Deaf & Blind
- Colorado College
- University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
- Pikes Peak Community College
Colorado Springs Attractions:
- Pikes Peak, America’s Mountain
- Pikes Peak Cog Railway
- Pikes Peak Region Attractions
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- Garden of the Gods
- Broadmoor Hotel
- Cave of the Winds
- Flying W Ranch
- Manitou Cliff Dwellings
- Pikes Peak Ghost Town Museum
- Seven Falls
- Olympic Training Center
- United States Air Force Academy
- Pikes Peak Center for the Performing Arts
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center